What kind of transformer do I have? Model # “MD-801 AMR-1 OBJY2 120V/60Hz”

The model number identifies this as a 120v/60Hz transformer. Contact a local distributor or manufacturer.  They will be able to help identify your transformer.

Design and building of specific equipment is beyond the scope of this blog.

A transformer for a machine/press welder is shown below.

Machine Type Transformer



Reference: RWMA Resistance Welding Manual 4th Edition

Have a Question?

Do you have a question that is not covered in our knowledgebase? Do you have questions regarding the above article? Click here to ask the professor.

Did you find this answer helpful?